TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8B3.1 TEAM KIT 1/8 NITRO BUGGY
In the hyper-competitive world of 1:8 scale nitro off road racing one has to evolve and adapt or get left in the dust. Knowing this fact well, the engineers of Area 51 designed the RC8B3.1 Team Kit to be a winner in every aspect, from the build, to maintenance, and ultimately racing.
The RC8B3.1 features new H.T.C. (High Torque Capacity) differentials with increased fluid capacity and a more consistent feel lap after lap. Precision CVA drive shafts are included front and rear to keep suspension travel free through the entire stroke, and power transfer is provided by an all-new, easy-to-maintain, 4-shoe clutch. The RC8B3.1 has been thoroughly revamped with all of the performance upgrades that led the AE Factory Team to a stand-out year in the 1:8 category, with multiple wins including a national championship!
The RC8B3.1’s suspension and drive-train package is bolted to a hard-anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis designed for optimum weight distribution, ground clearance, and better overall handling. As a result, the RC8B3.1 Team Kit changes directions faster, and is more compliant and stable in rough terrain.
All of these improvements resulted in a car that is easier to drive, more consistent lap after lap, and suits a wider variety of tracks.
Designed to handle, built to win. The RC8B3.1 was designed by 1:8 scale racers for 1:8 scale racers, and delivers high performance that will help put you on the podium.
Team Associated RC8B3.1 Nitro 4WD Off-Road Buggy Features:
- New 4-shoe clutch provides precise power transfer and is easy to maintain
- Optional spring rates and clutch bells allow custom tuning for varying grip levels
- H.T.C. (High Torque Capacity) differentials offer increased fluid capacity and a more consistent feel lap after lap
- 94mm CVA driveshafts increase traction and chassis support
- Suspension arms have been updated to modern race specs
- Anti-roll linkage curves have been altered to provide more chassis support throughout the suspension travel
- All suspension arm pivots have been revised for more ground clearance, resulting in better jumping and landing while also improving durability
- 16mm Big Bore 6061 aluminum shock bodies with bleeder style caps
- New shock springs (20mm I.D.)
- Highly efficient drivetrain utilizes straight-cut gears to provide great acceleration and increased run time
- Hard-anodized 7075 aluminum chassis with keyed lower suspension plates
- Enclosed receiver box
- Full Factory Team rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Easily accessible front and rear differentials
- Pro-Line(R) “Predator” body included
- Power Source: Nitro Fuel
- Terrain: Off-Road
- Body Style: Buggy
- Scale Size: 1:8 Scale
- Assembly Level: Kit
- Length: 488mm (19.21in)
- Width: varies
- Wheelbase: 327.5mm (12.89in)
- Weight: varies
- Drive: 4WD
Please Note: This kit requires the following for completion: .21 class rear exhaust engine, Exhaust system: muffler and header joining pack, or muffler spring (#28045 or #28049 recommended), 2-channel radio/transmitter set with switch – FM/PCM/2.4GHz recommended, Transmitter batteries, 4.8-7.4v receiver battery pack: 1) flat style NiMH battery; 2) either 1600mAh LiPo or 2100mAh LiPo or 1700 LiFe battery recommended, Model car fuel (30% nitro recommended), Fuel bottle, Glow igniter, Starter box, Steering servo, Throttle servo, 1:8 scale buggy tyres, 1:8 scale buggy wheels. glue, paint & Thread-locking compound.