The off-road RC car racing scene has changed over the past few years, with turf and carpet racing becoming more popular and grip levels at an all-time high. The engineers inside Team Associated’s Area 51 were quick to answer the 4WD class with the RC10B74 Team Kit, a completely new chassis configuration equipped with a long list of features designed to give you the winning edge.
The engineering continues. The B74.1 platform introduces the use of two separate chassis configurations. The B74.1 is the buggy of choice for high-grip carpet or turf track surfaces with its next-generation Octalock 2-Pad high-load, high-capacity, center slipper clutch and optimized carpet kit setup. The B74.1D includes a center differential with 200,000 cSt silicone fluid and an optimized dirt kit setup.
Both kits utilize redesigned, low-profile shock towers with shorter shock shafts and bodies to lower the center of gravity, providing more predictable handling. Also included in both kits are new low roll center (LRC) C and D arm mounts, 66mm CVA bones and axles, and 2.0mm G10 fiberglass chassis brace supports, which all add up to making the B74.1 and B74.1D easier to drive, and easier to push hard on all track surfaces.
Setups and tuning parts are interchangeable between the B74.1 and B74.1D. Both versions come with the speed, durability, and lineage expected of a true champion. Choose the configuration that suits your track and conquer the competition!
- Next-generation 2-Pad high-load, high-capacity Octalock center slipper clutch with LCF pad material
- New Octalock design features keyed spur gear and LCF slipper pads with 8 locking tabs
- 2.0mm anti-roll bars included front and rear
- 6.0mm rear hex adapters
- Updated kit setup includes V2 red front and V2 blue rear springs
- Shorter 23mm front and 27.5mm rear 12mm threaded aluminum shocks with machined pistons and internal X-rings
- New 4mm carbon fiber front shock tower has been lowered by 2mm and features an additional row of camber link positions
- New 4mm carbon fiber rear shock tower lowered by 5.5mm
- +3mm aluminum steering rack
- 66mm rear CVA driveshafts and axles
- New molded ESC tray
- New molded 30mm fan mount (fan not included)
- Updated aluminum LRC C and D suspension
- 2.0mm G10 chassis brace supports
- Simplified 2.5mm carbon fiber battery strap with indexed battery locations, easy height setup, and battery removal for both standard and low-profile shorty batteries
- New low-profile molded plastic battery posts included in addition to standard posts
- New 16mm differential outdrives with a more durable, lightweight design
- Updated rear wing with optional low trim line for reduced drag
- Updated symmetrical rear arms with new shock mounting position (farther inside)
- Updated plastic rear hubs for more durability on the upper link mount. RC10B74.1 hubs continue with the aluminum rear hub link mount and axle height adjustment in 1mm increments for fine tuning
- Updated 2.5mm carbon fiber steering arms
- Updated steering blocks with 5x12mm outer ball bearings with steel crush tubes for improved durability
- Updated V2 2mm hard-anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis with spur gear clearance and updated mount holes for ESC tray
LEGACY B74 Features
- 7075-T6 aluminum bulkheads with quick-change 0mm-3mm adjustable differential height for low ride-height on carpet while maintaining efficient driveshaft alignment
- Interchangeable use of center differential or slipper clutch without changing center driveshafts
- Easy access differentials
- 7075-T6 aluminum arm mounts use inserts for fine tuning a large range of anti-squat, kick-up, and toe adjustments
- Front and rear anti-roll bars use a common shape for minimal spare part count
- 7075-T6 aluminum sliding motor mount and center bulkhead with increased rigidity
- 7075-T6 aluminum 9-degree caster blocks
- Floating servo mount with 7075-T6 aluminum mount and 2.5mm carbon fiber brace
- Lightweight clear body and wing included
Due to ongoing R&D, photos may not match final kit. Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in kit: Reedy motor, battery, ESC, servo, receiver, wheels, tires, and pinion gear. Assembly and painting required.
This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational. Click on the Specifications tab to see what extra equipment you’ll need to make the vehicle operational, such as motor and battery pack.